Solve Challenges from Boeing! No Experience Required.
SASEHack is an annual project-based hackathon.
This year's SASEhack is a team based project focused on engineering solutions. Your team will be asked to define a project or process and make improvements based on criteria that will be identified at the beginning of the hack. Computer programming skills are not required for a solution. Teams will consist of 2 to 4 members. Come sign up as a team or we will find you team members. Please bring your laptop/tablet. Prizes totaling $1,750 will be awarded out and there will be cool items from Boeing for participants. SASEhack will start at 9pm Friday, Oct. 11th and end at 9am Saturday, Oct. 12; just in time to participate in the Career Fair.
Westin Hotel - Pennsylvania Ballroom
Friday, October 11
- 8pm-9pm: On-Site Registration for SASEHack.
- 9pm-10pm: Welcome, form teams & logisitics.
- 10pm: Begin Hacking!
- 11:30pm-12:30am: Project/Process Identification Check-in.
Saturday, October 12
- 12am: Midnight snack
- 2am-3am: Evaluation check-in
- 5am-7am: Presentation check-in
- 7am: 1st round elimination (if necessary)
- 8am: Final presentations
- 8:50am: Winners announcement & pictures
- 10am: Career fair starts!
Food and beverages will be provided throughout the event. Smaller snacks will also be available throughout the night. Outside food is welcome, but all attendees are responsible for cleaning up after themselves.
Mentors will be on-site throughout the hackathon. After the prompt is revealed, a short, optional workshop wilil be held by our mentors to introduce key concepts and resources to newer participants. These workshops aim to be a starting point to hit the ground running or as a hub to gather ideas from the mentors. After the workshops mentors will be available throughout the hackathon to assist participants and answer questions.
- Participants must be college students, undergraduate or graduate.
- Participants will form teams up to (4).
- No previous hackathon experience is necessary.
- Completed projects will be evaluated by our judges.
- Projects must be completed within the timeframe of the event.
- Projects will be evaluated on site.
- Keep final projects to 6 mins presentation and 2 mins Q&A after.
- Upload presentation/slides
How to enter
- To register for National Conference please go here.
- To register for just the hackathon, please select the SASEHack only option.
- Register on-site at the Westin Convention Center.
- All paticipants will be allowed to attend the SASE National Conference Career fair on the following Saturday.
Vice President & Senior Chief Engineer | Boeing
Chief Engineering, Additive Manufacturing | Boeing
Dr. Thomas Bui
Boeing Senior Technical Fellow, Cybersecurity Domain & HRL Technical Director | Boeing
Dr. Anne Kao
Senior Technical Fellow | Boeing
Gunnery Sergeant | Marines
Staff Sergeant | Marines
View on Slides
All Criteria listed on slides